Precautions That You Should Take After A Liver TransplantationAugust 8, 2018
The most effective liver surgery can affect you both emotionally and physically. Every surgery needs time to get fully recover after the operation. In liver transplantation surgery, a healthy liver is transplanted and diseased liver is removed out. Patients take about six or more months to recover, its depend upon the patients. After the liver transplantation, there are some complications that are graft rejection, infection and disease recurrence. It is important to prevent these things to make your successful long-term outcomes. Patients should go through those things which are prescribed by doctors.
In India, people are live in a huge family and are bound with all relatives and neighbours so during the liver transplant in India all of them are aware of the patient’s condition. All are concern about his/her treatment for better health. They all are able to understand the life after the successful surgery and help him a lot.
Precautions Take After A Liver Transplantation
After discharge, the patient undergoes to the tests and many times visit to doctor in every 5-7 days. The patient receives the medicinal chart, diet chart, medical investigational chart which includes blood pressure, and blood sugar. Patients are familiar with it know how to fill this. This investigation makes easy for doctors to diagnose and give information about their recovery. Hereby are some precautions that patients have to keep in mind to get better results after the surgery.
- Hygienic Surroundings
– House should be well cleaned with disinfectants.
– The patient should wear a mask, especially in the first three months.
– Encourage the patient for a walk instead of sitting in the wheelchair.
– Avoid coming in contact with animals or birds.
– A number of people to meet the patient should be limited.
– Regular hygiene should be maintained like brushing, bathing etc.
– The patient should wash their hands with an antiseptic soap or solutions.
- Diet And Nutrition
– During the surgery, the patient suffers from loss of appetite which takes time to improve. High protein food helps the patient to recover fast and maintain their appetite.
– The patient should drink enough filtered water not the tap water.
– Raw food and salads are avoided.
– Smoking and alcohol badly affect the health. Avoid consuming these.
- Activities And Exercises
– Doing physical exercises helps the patient to recover fast.
– Abdominal exercises, lifting heavy weight (>5kgs) and swimming is avoided for several months.
– Breathing exercises are good for patient especially to treat a cough.
– Regular sleep or rest also beneficial to the patient.
There are many medications that are prescribed by the doctor just after the discharge. But after a few months, the medications are reduced. It is important for the family members that they should aware of these prescribed medications and ensures that patient should take the right medication at the right time without skipping it.
- Regular Checkup
After surgery, there is an increased risk of diseases such as weight gain, diabetes and so on. Therefore it is essential to attend the clinic regularly to get better outcomes.